The Yangtze is Asia's longest river and the third longest in the world. A cruise along part of it offers the spectacular Three Gorges whose sheer height seems little effected by the rising waters of the dam of the same name. The dam itself seems almost as monumental and passing through it's great locks has become an unforgettable part of any Yangtze river cruise. There are several stops along the river route to visit historical sights all in all making this one of China's premiere attractions.
- Chongqing is the start of the trip and worth a quick look to see what is claimed to be the world's largest city, population 33 million and counting!
- Fengdu Ghost City is one of the most attractive shore excursion sites along Yangtze river.
- Shibao Pagoda is one of a highlight along the Yangtze River cruise, and literally means Stone Treasure Fortress. It is a hill along the bank of the Yangtze River in Zhongxian County.
- Shennong Stream is located on the border between Wu Gorge and Xiling Gorge, and as a tributary of the Yangtze River, it joins the Yangtze at Xirankou in Badong County, Hubei Province. Originationg at Shennongjia in Hubei Province, the first peak in Central China, it enters the Yangtze River at the eastern mounth of the Wu Gorge.
- The mighty Yangtze river and its Three Gorges has long been one of Asia's most revered and dramatic nature attractions.
- As a huge public works project - the largest dam in the world, rivaling the building not only of China's great historical projects such as the Grand Canal and the Great Wall as well as modern projects elsewhere in the world - the Three Gorges Dam project is famous around the world, and also wrapped in environmental, engineering, and political controversy..
- Yichang has been renowned as Gateway to the Three Gorges and Throat between Sichuan and Hubei. It is a bright pearl shining on the Yangtze River.